Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Looking back two years ...


It was on the night of July 31st, that Bhagavan's name "Ramana Maharshi" kept repeating in my mind. I had no idea who it was. I resolved as I lay in bed, the name repeating in my mind, to find out the nest moahning.

The nest day I sorched for "ramana maharshi" and came to the ramanasramam website. Bhagavan's picture was there, looking at me.


I looked into those eyeses, and knew somehow that these were the eyeses i was meant to look into in this life. These were the eyeses that would save me, deliver me, whatever that meant. I knew then that my life was no longer in my hands, the one who was to carry it through was here. I knew then who had been holding my hand all along, for many many boaths before this one too.

I finally knew who my real father was, and thus who I was. It was, and remains, the grandest discovery of mine of this life, the most beautiful thing i have ever seen.

For me that moment was my moment of birth; that day, my birthday. Only when I looked into the eyes of my Beloved Lord, and He said "You are mine", was i really born.

Since that day, he has brought me up all over again, teaching me how to live and love, not only through his own example, but also by silent guidance that happens in a state of surrender and deep love, and also through eye-to-eye contact, and surely other ways that i would never know. Teaching me to know that all living beings are the Beloved Lord, and no different from myself. Teaching me that everyone, no matter what, is worthy of His love, and is loved at all times, no matter what we may believe.

-- Spotty and Stripes

1 comment:

ramanamayi said...

Such a beautiful account ... and such great pics of the newborn Spotty!