Friday, July 27, 2007

Like they are elefinks today

Spotty the detective


Spotty was on the prowl as usual. He came back and telled me this story.

"My brudders cave seemed unusually quiet today. And thats like VERY unusual.

So I went on, thinking that all the lionses must be fast asleep, what with yesterday's Nayana Day celebrations and cooking and cleaning up.

So I went on walking around the base of the hill. And what does I see but three elefinks on a rampage! and no mummy around!



I understood that maybe Mum Lioness or Elefink must be starching the Kaupinams. And them three made their escape. Anyway, huuge amounts of grass were being demolished by dem.

I had a hard time tracking dem without dem knowing, cos elefinks smell big catses easily. So i had to remain upwind all the time, sometimes going behind them, sometime ahead. Now these are skills that Tiger has not teached me since we are no longer predators. I had to lorn them myselff.


Spotty watches


I got this lovely shot of dem brudders bums (haha), i hope they don't smack me for this. If dey do i will have to take off dis pic.




Then at one point Om-elly cast a magic spell (so dats how they change themseffs!), he said:
"Om Om Om, my magic wand!
Bhagavan make this marsh into a pond!"

A pond begins to emerge magically as all three watch


And a pond came about from nowhere. They all chant "Bigger Bigger Bigger".



All three merrrily dived in.
Major splashing happened, trunks lashing dis way and dat. One or two silly humans tried getting in and jumping on my brudders but they got majorly sprayed, and ran out quickly.
Some humans get splashed up

Den it seems they heard some distant trumpetting, and two got out in a jiffy. THe thord one seems hid in da water.

Mums coming! You hide. No, YOU hide

Soon mummy elefink came thundering, where are you three. Just let me catch you!!!!
Two ellies dry demseffs in sand

Two hastily dried demseffs, I thot these would be little om-elly and tiru-elly. Mummy came and thundered. A-elly where are you? Come on out.

A voice came from the pond. No mum. I am having fun.

Come on out this instant. Or I shall send a mouse after you!

Call me by my today's name and i shall come.
Call me by my real name!

So mum thought for a moment, looking puzzled. "Come on out, tusker baby".

"Nooo. Call me Ganesha and I will come out."

So Mum called him Lord Ganesha and he emerged, laffing from the pond.

Ganesha emerges from water laughing


As they got out, to my shawk, many humans began getting in, as tho the water had been santified by them.

If you misbehave, we won't call Spotty over to play!


Dey like put the water over their heads and rubbed them into their eyeses, and some sipped a few drops of the holy water.
Elefinks return home after naughty day out

The Iddlies are getting cold, Mum was saying, I haff made elefink size Iddlies for you all today. And for Spotty, if he can hear me. She looked slyly at the nearby trees thinking i was hiding in them, and winked, but I was on the opposite side.

Spotty ommst invisible


And Med Tiger is invited too, if he gets to know, she said."

He showed me the pictures he had taken with his digital camera and said, let's blog this fast, and go fer iddlies.

-- Med Tiger

No comments: