Thursday, August 16, 2007

Spotty's new vow


One never knows what is going on the minds of our lickle ones. What is under that mischievousness, that childish innocence, and stubborness, brattishness and everything else that we grown-ups love to see (and occasionally put up with).

Today i took a peek and found Spotty praying to Bhagavan Ramana. (I can share this cos he confided in me later. He wanted to share this with the cubs cos he feels sure that Bhagavan also reads the blog and takes it seriously, more seriously than even us).

He was talking to Bhagavan. I came in in between and heard something like this ...

Spotty prays to Bhagavan Ramana
"Beloved, i can never lapse back into darkness and ignorance. Whatever happens. By darkness i mean the false notion that all beings are separate from me, and are not You. I will never again see anyone else as 'not You'. I will never look or think of anyone with anger or hatred or lack of understanding, because i know, i really know that they are You. ...

I swear to you today never to forget the truth that all are only You."

After a moment, praps realizing what an uphill task it was, he continued:

Beloved Lord, give me your blessings so i have courage to stand by this vow. Never ever in this life, let me for a moment forget this vow, or betray it.

So saying he closed his lickle eyeses and (praps) silently communed with our Beloved Lord.

Later he told me, Stripes I don't really care if I ever realize the Self or not, or what happens from this moment onwards, but as long as i live I must never see or treat anyone as other than Bhagavan. To do so is like hurting our gentle Lord's heart.

Spotty with Stripes


All i could do was hug him. What words could i add?

Then he went over to Aunt Lioness's for more hugs.

No comments: