Thursday, August 9, 2007

The incredible story behind Spotty's magic wand - 2

Chapter Two
(Link to Chapter 1, narrated by Spotty Leeopard)

At that very time, unaware of all this, i (due to some problems at home), left a note and came over to Arunachala. The way to Arunachala in those days was not easy, but it seems Arunachala arranged to guide me through others (more of that some other time). Strangely enough one day, the same sadhu had a dream that the troll was willing to leave if a sacrifice was made for him. The sadhu went over to the troll and asked him for details. The troll replied that he would require one gazillion iddlies, one river full of sambaar, and someone very young. Only then would he leave.

News of this reached Tiruvannamalai town. Now no one was willing to give up their young, so i bravely decided to go myself. Or shall we see, that all eyes fell upon me. I decided that even if he gobbled me up, i would go straight to Arunachala. And i was determined to kick up quite a row in his tumick.


It was the holy day of Kartigai Deepam when i went up the hill. I was carrying the iddlies with me in a basket. I left the basket near where he slept and waited nearby behind a rock. He came around presently and opened the basket.

"What is this?", he roared, "Only five iddlies! And one of them has leopard bites in them."
I: "I got hungry on the way!".

He roared angrily, raising a storm. I asplained that he was going to eat me anyway, so if had eaten the iddlies what did it matter?

Believe me, I didnt finish them! Oh, please don't eat me alive! I'm just a baby!


That made him think a while. He called me to him. Unable to bear the smell, i was unable to move forward. I then called out "Om Om Om! Aguamenti!" and a jet of water arose from the walking stick i was carrying with me. The water dowsed the troll and evaporated, along with the putrid, rotting smell.

I could feel the stick vibrating with energy as though it had some power in it. He waved his magic wand, and called out some spell and there was a haze all around, i could haohdly see. I could not move from where i was, i was unshoah of where i cuold place my foot. I called out "Om Om Om! Reducio!" and he shrunk to half his size, but even then he was several times larger than I was. He called out some spell (i think Engorgio) and now became twice his previous size.

We kept throwing spells at each udder. I would block his spells by calling out "OM!" or by ducking. However, it was impossible for me to call out a spell that would pain him, since i knew that the troll was also the Self. He too was here due to Bhagavan's will. Whatever would happen, would happen by Arunachala's will.

I was unable to look at the troll with hatred, or even revulsion, as uddies did - i was filled with love for him, knowing that all is Bhagavan anyway. My eyeses kept peering deep into His, looking somewhere for the Self to shine through.

I kepp looking at him and saying, "You are the Self, don't you know. You are the Lord!". I thought only someone in pain can cause uddies pain. Who am I to hoaht him moah, to cause him moah pain. Is it not our Lord who is hurt when we hurt uddies?
(to be continued)