Tuesday, August 7, 2007

"And Bhagavan, please bless these wands ..."

"Okay, Spotty," instructed Tirucub. "You must picture carefully the lioncub you want to change into, and then say Om Om Om. Go ahead."

Spotty listened carefully and they heard him say Om Om Om.



"Yikes!" said Arunacub. "A brachiosuarus!"



Spotty loomed above them, trying to give a friendly smile but looking more alarming than ever.

"Try again," said Tirucub.



"You're beautiful ... but we want you more cuddly and bitey," said Omcub. "Try again."



"More of a furry kind of cuddly," said Omcub.



"Things are going from bad to woarse!" said Arunacub.

"And I think I know why," said Tirucub. "Spotty, get back to yourseff and play with my brudders while I go do something ..."

In an hour Tirucub was back. "What we did wrong was we got so excited about teaching you how to change yourseff that we forgot to ask Bhagavan's blessing. I made you these wands, but we need to ask Bhagavan ..."






They went to Bhagavan and Spotty asked, "Bhagavan, I want to play with my brudders, just the way they play. Please. When they are being elefinks, I want to be one too. Could you make me into a changer creechur like my brudders?"

Tirucub added, "And Bhagavan, could you please bless these wands I made for Spotty just the way you blessed mine?" (When Tirucub had made his own wands, he had laid them at Bhagavan's feet and asked Bhagavan to bless them so they could never cause harm to anyone, no matter what hands or paws they might fall into.)

Bhagavan took Spotty onto His lap and did not say a word. He picked up the wands Tirucub had carved so carefully and smelled them, remarking that one was rose and one was lemon. Then He scratched behind Spotty ears. Spotty felt so happy he forgot everything but Bhagavan. His brudders watched and smiled and Bhagavan's love poured into them too.

No comments: