Monday, September 3, 2007

a small goat comes forward

Krackaswami was expanding one of the mansion doors to allow his horns to fit through, and Jagaswami was relaxing on the couch, when there was another knock at the front door



"Get the door!" Krackaswami bellowed.

Jagaswami, not wanting to be squewered with one of Krack's horns, heaved himself up from the couch and went tp open the door. The effects of the turban had mostly worn off, though now and then, with no warning, a sudden burst of empathy and compassion would come over Jags when he least expected it.



A small goat was standing on the doorstep.

"I ... I ... I was at your talk the other day when you said the person who brings you the most gifts will receive the most grace and be chosen to clean your house. I'm afraid I have no gifts, but I will be your servant if you allow me to be ...." said the little goat in a soft voice.

"Weeeeeellll," said Jags. "Hmmmmm. Let me think ... no gifts?"

"I'm afraid I don't own anything .... but I am very hard working."

"Perhaps we can try you out. Clean this kitchen first and I will think it over."

"Thank you," said the little goat, immediately setting to work.

Jags went back into the livingroom, then reappeared to say, "And do it FAST!"



The little goat worked with astonishing speed and soon had the kitchen put back to rights.



Jagaswami, coming in to shout at the small creature to hurry up, was surprised to see the room completely tidy. Hmmm, he thought, maybe I underestimated this goat.

"Just one more thing," he said. "And then I will decide if you are worthy of doing seva here. Go now, and bring me back a small spotted creature, a leopard who answers to the name Spotty. Bring him here, and waste no time."

post by tirucub

No comments: